Wednesday 13 December 2006

CRAFTWERK




Last Thursday, December 7th was our first time as participating vendors at CRAFTWERK (www.craftwerk.co.nz) and oh what a buzz!! With only 15 minutes to set up our stall, it was a scramble to get things ready in time. But thanks to our premeditated plan, Lies and I worked quickly, in unison to display our wares. It was a good thing too because throngs of people showed up bang on 6 pm, and soon St. Kev's was packed with people.

The atmosphere was amazing. People were criss-crossing from table to table, deftly navigating the crowds to see all the pretty things around them. Its inspiring to watch Auckland's creative community; to see what they are making and buying, to overhear conversations (I am a chronic eavesdropper but aren't we all?!) and find out what people are interested in, and to see what everyone is wearing (fashion! fashion! fashion!)

It's extremely bodacious when people are interested in what you are doing. Lies and I did very well, we sold many items, but more than that, many people seemed genuinely interested in what we were up to, where we got our ideas, the materials and methods used, etc. For me, that's where the real buzz comes from.

I could go on and on! But instead I will post some photos later on in the week for all to see.



-Kimberlee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHAMPIONS in the PROGRESS. I Take my hat off to yas. I think yas are great mon. So inspirational to me. I had the chance to buy a table over here in good ol not shanghai but my butt was too heavy! Have lost inspiration but hope to get straight back into things once have hit the good ol soil of oz! Keep that awesome craftwerk selling going!!

Anonymous said...

PS I cant believe noone commented on this site!!