Monday 24 May 2010

Honey cowl


Pattern : Madelinetosh
Yarn : Blue Sky Alpaca Silk color peridot and Touch lace merino
Needles : 5mm Knitpro circ

This was a very relaxing and fast knit. Intriguingly simple slipstitch, good long size ; the cowl can be worn long or short (double twist). I couldn't get a hold of the beautiful yarn called for in the pattern, meuh. But I used some of my stash-yarn : Blue Sky alpaca silk in combination with an NZ laceweight that had exactly the same color-depth, what luck. I needed to combine the yarns to make the gauge and to give the cowl a bit more body. The alpaca silk is probably my favorite of favorites, so svelte... The color is called 'peridot', my thesaurus widget thingy tells me that means 'a semi-precious variety of olivine'. Oh. Right. It's olive-ish. Yellow, green, lime mustard all in one. My kind of shade eh. So, yeh happy with this project! And it's cold today - I'm actually wearing it.


Hope you had a nice weekend
-Lies

3 comments:

Chavah said...

Gorgeous colour! Also love the apron below :D

kimberlee said...

just lovely. that will do nicely for the NZ autumn and winter. also checkout of seahorse knits on flicker!
tech savvy!

xo

melissa said...

oh, man. your knitting is beautiful! this looks so cosy, and i love the socks and hats in your posts lately.

i also find myself wanting to live at your house! x