Thursday 27 September 2007

Skirt twirl, pretty blanky and kitsch couch

Oh how exciting! Kimberlee has our Esty shop in the making! She is so technically gifted and I just don't know what to do without her. Keep checking us out in the next couple of days please, it's coming it's coming!!!
It doesn't always have to be Lieveke who we are obsessed with, so take a look at my new skirt while I do a twirl (totally un-self-obsessed bien sur).

This pretty blanky was a gift fron my good friend Tess.

It has already an established use in our family.
As a house warming invite.

As a couch cover. yes, this is our couch. The real art-deco-mc-coy so that means that the springs are antique and have desintegrated. The unaware visitor is always 'sucked' into it... But once you're eaten into it it's comfy cosy and we seldom hear complaints. Above the couch a work by Gabriel and two works by our friend painter Grant. Yeah the keen observer will note some kitsch in our decor. Guilty, guilty. Gabe and I are very serious about one thing in our house : it's gotta be fun!

Hey, Lieveke has lined up some teddy's in the couch. Sweet. Oh my, she slipped into it! Just when I'm trying to de-obsess from lievie pics. Oh well. Still sweet huh.

Oh and I'm making some new pinnies, in some new fabrics, take a peek :



Pinafores for newborns in the above pretties will be sold on our soon to come Etsy shop! yippie! Yip!
-L X

8 comments:

kimberlee said...

oh great fabric for the pinnies, I can't wait to see them!

you have inspired me to craft but I have no time, eek :)

xoxxox,
kimberlee

I have been stuck in that couch and its a thrilling experience!

Hyena In Petticoats said...

That crocheted blanket is ASTOUNDING.
xxx

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Love the kitschy stuff!
And the fabric is so cute... can't wait to see the shop :D

Charlotte said...

ooh - there's that lovely fabric that Astrid has a dress in (middle in the bottom photo).

Yay! Can't wait for the etsy shop!!

Sally Anne said...

Oh I really love that crocheted blanket, it's beautiful . The fabrics and the skirt are great too...can't wait to check out your shop !

My Happy Turtle said...

The fabric for the pinnies is great! Lovely fall colors. I can't wait to see your shope!!

Victoria said...

Kitsch is good. Very good.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blanket.