Saturday 14 July 2007

Sexy toddy-dress

It must be the clear sunny days we just had (oh yowser), and of course the new fabrics, 'cause I was on a happy sewing roll!!! I've learned to sew at nights now (beats TV!), as mornings are reserved for the little daughter L and afternoons for my work at the gallery. I'm experimenting with a new dress for little toddlers from 1,5 to 2 years old. Lieveke, as always, is the test-driver. It's looking good, but I've still much to adjust. I've learned heaps designing the pattern for it and fitting it together with my machine : sewing in sleeves, curved collars, centred bust. Prototype 1 is made with a black and white toile de jouy and really vibrant fushia for the neck-line. Prototype 2 (not yet finished, exactly the same as 1 but I'm trying to avoid all the mistakes now hee hee) with a black and rose Japanese cherry-blossom and a cheeky satin orange. And -piece the resistance : I'm sewing button holes on these dresses. I've always had a wee fobia about sewing them and stuck to snap-buttons, but I just couldn't get away with it on this little dress, I want it to look rather sophisticated and not so much apron or bib-like.



Another few happy ones :
-this great dress used to be my mums, it's the real vintage glamour 60 frock eh? A bit unreal, how we have the same bodies at the same age... But what about the tights, the tights! A gift from my good friend Tess. Crazy sweet.

-little Ganesh (for luck) and my bangles, snoozing in the sun...

I'm so excited, we have another Craftwerk-fair (welcome yous!!!) this week thursday. I've been wizzing up fun stuff this weekend, but I'll show you later
-L.

No comments: