Friday 3 April 2009

strong man says, "keep your best work"

My creation

Last Saturday I created my very own strong man. Well actually I was meant to be making him as a present for somebody else so he would that someone else's very own strong man, but ehhhm, after her was 'born' I just couldn't bare to give him up. I mean, he's got nipples, a beard, tattoos, skinny jeans, and a smug little grin!

Sometimes as crafters, we make and make and make but after a year or so we've given away or sold all of our best projects and we really have nothing to show. Our studios are bare, save for aftermath of scraps and w.i.p messes. Or maybe that is just me. Now at least a have a lone strong man in my studio and I must be sure to make him some friends. snake lady? acrobat? lobster boy? hmm the possibilities are endless. Also I really should make some wabbits to keep, I honestly haven't kept a single one.

By the way if you like plush toys and haven't seen the PLUSH YOU flickr group yet, run don't walk here.

I will leave you with some random fun.
psychotic housewife commercial:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an older brother with a birthday coming up, you know, just in case you were thinking of making any more strongmans, or, you know, whatever...

Heather said...

I'm glad you kept that strong man for yourself. He is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

LOVE HIM! he reminds me of iggy pop crossed with jerry garcia crossed with old man and the sea. but he doesn't have a belly button which also makes him a candidate for an extra terrestrial undercover. and he's even good for yoshi's ego.

charlotte said...

excellent he made me smile. i just made my first dolls and i am giving them away tomorrow. although i don't really want to. and now i don't want to even more!!!

Miss Smith said...

Oh wow, he is cool. I'm glad you're keeping him.
It's so true that you always give away the best stuff- I still take the yucky supermarket reusables with me when I go shopping because I've never got around to making a nice bag for myself!

Anonymous said...

The skinny jeans are a nice touch. Have you considered making a househusband? I need one of those.

Bronwyn Lloyd said...

Fabulous strong man - good on you for keeping him. You are so right - the one downside of generosity is that all your handmade goodies find homes elsewhere. I have a strict rule that I keep two archive copies of every edition of books I make that I will never ever part with - you should definitely do the same with your toys.

hanna said...

he is so cool!

fiona said...

love the skinny jeans. glad you're keeping him! :)

Anna said...

that is awesome! very funny!

Ruby in the Dust said...

oh gosh, he's cool. I know what you mean about not wanting to give him away, I'm the same with my dolls!

Rhondah said...

i like his stove pipes.