Wednesday 13 May 2009

Beginnings


Every beginning is small.

I made a baby quilt for Lieveke once, she is very attached to it and as it's too small for her big bed, we now wrap it around her pillow, it's her 'cosy pilly case'.
I want to make something for Noor. I do feel like crafting! But so little time... So : I've started making her a granny square blanket, that way I can crochet a few squares every so often, and take it slow. And using up some of my baby cashmerino leftovers/stash, that feels healthy. I hope to finish her little blanket by the time I have to go back to work ( which is only in one month heeelp). The good thing about these blankies is that they can 'grow' : when Noor is too small for her cot, I could add another batch of squares and so on.
Anyway, that's the grand plan, for now it's just sweet beginnings.


-Lies

6 comments:

Sally Anne said...

I think that's a lovely idea...love the colours. Noor is going to love her special blankie !

Bronwyn Lloyd said...

Just beautiful Lies.

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Gorgeous!

kimberlee said...

wow I want to snuggle up with that already. and it looks like you have some really fabulous new fabric as well! great photos!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Lies, love the beautiful blankie; I’m planning to learn how to crochet and then I want to do afgans too :) Noor looks so lovely and peaceful in Kimberlee's photo. Hope to meet her soon at a Kraftbomb.

hanna said...

cute. would love to learn how to crochet one day.